- Promo – Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler enters the ring. He says that he’s got something he needs to get off his chest. He explains that he apologised to CM Punk and was then kicked in the back of the head. This week, he wants an apology from CM Punk. Out comes the WWE Champion, CM Punk (he has a new haircut!) He says that he never turned his back on anyone, but Jerry turned his back on the WWE Universe when he slandered the WWE Champion. Punk didn’t attack him from behind; Lawler pushed him out of the way on the way out of the ring so he did what he had to do.
Punk says that he’s sorry that all it takes to get in WWE Hall of Fame is to beat a bunch of nobodies from Memphis, to get into a slap fight with a Hollywood comedian, to act like a juvenile, infantile 14 year old for his entire career in WWE. He’s sorry that his lack of respect for him stems from his never being WWE Champion himself, and he’s sorry that when he finally got his Wrestlemania moment, he couldn’t beat Michael Cole. He’s sorry that Lawler’s become a WWE circus seal ready to repeat anything that he hears in his ear, and most of all, he’s sorry about the man that he’s become. Punk says that he looks like he wants to fight him. Punk says Lawler’s just a commentator whereas he’s the best in the world and he would embarrass him. Lawler says he came out for an apology not a fight. Punk says he looks like he wants a fight but knows what will happen. Punk will fight him but he’ll leave it up to Lawler because he’ll end up embarrassed. Lawler says he’ll think about it.
- Match – Jack Swagger VS Ryback: Ryback wins.
- Pre-Match – Vickie Guerrero comes out and says to get the match over with quickly because she has a very important announcement to make.
- Match – Natalya VS Layla: Layla wins.
- Promo – Vickie Guerrero sends Layla away to make her announcement. Last week, AJ Lee decided to make a match between Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho where if Jericho lost, his contract would be terminated and if Ziggler lost, he would give his briefcase to Jericho. That’s abusing her power. No one has the guts to speak up to the RAW GM except her. If the Board of Directors is watching, it is time to put RAW into the hands of an adult like her and not a mentally deranged child.
AJ comes out, skipping, before slapping and attacking Guerrero who runs off backstage.
- Video package – Triple H’s career; mainly his time in DX.
- Last week – At an anger management class. Daniel Bryan is there, saying that he doesn’t have anger issues; he couldn’t be calmer. A child with a goat mask comes in and Bryan starts yelling. The child is the leader’s son who is a goat in his school play.
- Promo – Jerry Lawler says that he beat up a bunch of nobodies in Memphis. But those nobodies include a lot of big names. He also said that he acts like a fun-loving fourteen year old, that he’s never been WWE Champion and that he beat up a comedian, and all of that’s true, but he’s also a WWE Hall of Famer. You don’t get in the WWE Hall of Fame unless you have the guts to stand up to people. He says he knows he’s not the best in the world, but he doesn’t think Punk is either, so he’s never backed out of a challenge in his life, and he won’t tonight. He’ll fight Punk tonight. He goes backstage to get ready for the match.
- Match (w/ BREAK in middle) – John Cena VS The Miz: John Cena wins.
- AJ has announced that the WWE Universe can choose between a tables match, cage match, or No DQ match for Punk and Lawler.
- Video package – Triple H’s career showing how hardcore he was.
- Anger Management Class – Daniel Bryan is bored. Daniel explains that his boss is his ex-girlfriend who left him at the altar and put him in a match with her boy toy, an evil, demonic monster. If Harold thinks his boss is bad, this is what a bad boss is. The last patient arrives and it is Kane.
- Match – Heath Slater VS Santino Marella: Santino Marella wins. During the match, Aksana comes out, distracting the Cobra. Heath Slater tries to get them back in the match so the Cobra strikes him and turns back to Aksana whilst Marella takes the victory.
- Pre-Match – Damien Sandow says he’s finally found someone whom he can have an intelligent with: Cody Rhodes. Rhodes comes out and says that Cara and Clay share horrible looks but at least Cara has the decency to wear a mask… for now.
- Match – Brodus Clay & Sin Cara w/ Cameron & Naomi VS Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes: Brodus Clay & Sin Cara win by Clay pinning Rhodes.
- Anger Management Class – The group leader asks Kane to remove his mask which he does to reveal another. He asks him to say something about himself. Kane says that he’s the devil’s favourite demon. He then goes on to explain his very troubled life. The leader dismisses the group. Kane chokeslams Harold.
- Video package – Triple H’s career showing his rivalry with the Undertaker’s streak.
- Match (Kofi Kingston on commentary) – R-Truth VS Daniel Bryan: R-Truth wins following a count-out. R-Truth starts off the ‘yes’ chant which makes Daniel Bryan snap and get counted out whilst he argues with the fans.
- Post-Match – Daniel Bryan yells “no” in the ring to the “yes”-chanting crowd.
- Promo – Triple H comes out. He’s in a suit. There’s a sign at ringside that says ‘HBK was better than you’. Triple H says that he learnt from WWE to never say never. At the beginning, he wanted to retire from all of this before all of this retired him. He says that everybody comes to a crossroad in their career. His voice seems to shake a bit here. You’ve got to ask yourself when you get that crossroad, is it time? Because you can’t fight time; time will win. He never wanted to be the guy that was just hanging out. He never wanted to be the guy that hung on too long. He didn’t want to be the guy that got in the ring because someone was willing to write him a cheque. He didn’t want to be the guy who was too beat up to hold his kids. For the first time in his career, he finds himself at the crossroad and Brock Lesnar has made him ask the question ‘is he done?’. People chant “no”. His answer is that he doesn’t know. He’s beat up and more tired than he’s ever been. He wants to be the game and rise up again to kick Brock Lesnar’s ass because that’s what he does. That’s what he wants to do but he can’t because he doesn’t know if he can. Brock Lensar forced him to look inside himself and say ‘am I done?’. Triple H says that if he can’t say that he can come back and be better than before then maybe he’s answered his own question. The crowd chants ‘you can do it’. Triple H says maybe he can. He says thank you to the WWE Universe. He says that every superstar that walks down that ramp into the ring puts their bodies and health on the line. They sacrifice every day for your entertainment. Every person stands behind the curtain and when their music hits, they question themselves and whether anyone will care when they walk out. He says that he feels like every time he walked through that curtain, everyone has cared, which has gotten him through everything. He thanks everyone from the bottom of his heart for letting him play the game. He says that he’ll never forget you and hopefully in some way, you’ll never forget him. “Thank you, Hunter” chants echo around the arena. He poses in the middle of the ring to huge applause.
- Pre-Match – Dolph Ziggler comes out to the beginning of Chris Jericho’s music. He says that Y2J will not be seen at this time because of him. He cost him his WWE contract and now the WWE Universe will never, ever see Jericho again.
- Match – Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio w/ Ricardo Rodriguez VS Randy Orton & Sheamus: Randy Orton and Sheamus win by Sheamus pinning Dolph Ziggler following the Brogue Kick. Rodriguez hands Ziggler the briefcase but Orton stops Ziggler from using it.
- Backstage – Jerry Lawler tells John Cena that he needs to face CM Punk and beat him on his own. Lawler’s fighting Punk for himself not Cena. Cena wishes him luck and leaves.
- Pre-Match – Kane comes out but Josh Mathews runs away. Kane takes his place at commentary.
- Match (Kane on commentary. Michael Cole stands up instead of sitting next to him) – Zack Ryder VS David Otunga: Zack Ryder wins.
- Post-Match – Kane grabs Ryder for a chokeslam but then chokeslams Otunga instead.
- Backstage – CM Punk is warming up for his match against Lawler.
- Pre-Match – Josh Mathews announces the twitter results for the Lawler VS Punk match. The cage match wins. AJ comes out saying that regardless of the outcome of tonight’s match, she says that Punk will defend his Championship at Night of Champions against John Cena. The cage is lowered.
- Steel Cage Match – Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler VS CM Punk: CM Punk wins when Lawler taps out to the Anaconda Vice. Punk is bleeding from the head quite badly.
- Post-Match – Punk gets a chain from under the ring and locks himself back in the ring with Lawler, along with the Championship and a mic.
Punk puts Lawler in a submission move and tries to get him to say that Punk’s the best in the world but Lawler refuses so Punk continues to beat him up. When he refuses again, Punk beats him up more. John Cena runs out and gets them to lift the cage up so he can go in and chase Punk away. Punk leaves stating that he’s the best wrestler in the world.
WWE RAW Results: 27th August 2012
August 28, 2012 by anniebethmae